Monday, June 1, 2009

The Route

So I'm trying to figure out the shortest route to Cafe Livingstone's that is still > 1km. I fired up Nokia Sports Tracker and started plotting possible routes. Try #1:

Technically it's supposed to be 1km, so it should work. I get on my bicycle (what, you think I'm going to try and do this in a car? :P ) and start up the GPS on my cell phone. 2 minutes and 42 seconds later in heavy traffic I'm at Cafe Livingstone. Awesome, if there's no traffic I should be able to cut my total driving time down to 4 minutes, leaving 6 minutes to buy and down my beer and still be able break the 10 minute barrier. But there's a problem:

The GPS says I've driven 0.89km. Damn you Joan and your 1km rule ;) OK, so either my GPS is inaccurate, or it really is less than 1km. Either way, I can't take a chance. So I replot the course - try #2:

Great success - 1.1km! :D So now that I have my route plotted, I just need a way to mount my camera phone to my helmet to give you a first-person view of the challenge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment